January 10, 2011
2 lbs. Roma tomatoes, halved or quartered
1 medium onion cut into large pieces
4 to 8 large cloves of garlic
1 – 1 1/2 tsp basil
1/2 tsp thyme
1/4 tsp ground red pepper
Good splash of olive oil
1 pint vegetable or chicken broth
- Combine everything except broth in a large mixing bowl, sprinkling herbs and stirring just to coat.
- Pour onto a large baking sheet and bake at 375 degrees for one hour.
- Transfer roasted ingredients to a blender in portions, adding some of the chicken broth, puree.
- Transfer pureed liquid to large pot. Continue until it is all in the pot.
- Simmer for a while, season to taste.
Quantity of herbs are estimated here. Vary amounts when using fresh herbs (I used dried, powdered).
Serve with a dollop of sour cream, grated cheese, croutons, or all of the above.
Makes four to six servings.
March 5, 2010
February 13, 2010
“…mention, reference, or use this MLX package”
got news Roland?
Noteworthy build at GCCAz. Needs XiMPification.
May 13, 2008
“Animation Override are animations that you can use to replace the standard Second Life animations, such as for walking, standing, flying, swimming, etc.”
Time to stop looking like a stick in the mud, get rid of that “somewhat rigid look” that all newbies exhibit…(cheers, KJ).
February 29, 2008
Hope to be around for the convergence of augmented reality, wearable computing, and haptics…
- Contact lenses with circuits, lights a possible platform for superhuman vision (article)
- “Engineers at the University of Washington have for the first time used manufacturing techniques at microscopic scales to combine a flexible, biologically safe contact lens with an imprinted electronic circuit and lights.”
University of Washington Office of News and Information
- Haptic Laptop Installation (video from June 2006)
- marbles appear to be loose in a laptop display
- CNET: Novint Falcon (video)
- new gaming device delivers tactile feedback (see also: Novint Falcon Haptics Controller)
- Four Angry Men experience (video)
- “Four Angry Men is a first-person immersive experience based on the American courtroom drama ’12 Angry Men’. In this experience, participants see video-based virtual jurors through a head-mounted display and can switch between different points of view by physically moving between chairs.” Posted by Steven Dow, doctoral student in the Augmented Environments Laboratory of the Georgia Institute of Technology College of Computing
February 25, 2008
“Augmented reality (AR) is a field of computer research which deals with the combination of real-world and computer-generated data…most AR research is concerned with the use of live video imagery which is digitally processed and ‘augmented’ by the addition of computer-generated graphics. Advanced research includes the use of motion-tracking data, fiducial marker recognition using machine vision, and the construction of controlled environments containing any number of sensors and actuators.”
- Physics and Augmented Reality – Part 1
- AR demonstration of physics enabled interactivity; virtual spheres fall to – and bounce off of – an actual object on actual tabletop
- Physics and Augmented Reality – Part 2
- Similar to Part 1 video, manual interaction with a virtual car on a tabletop
- Parallel Tracking and Mapping for Small AR Worspaces – extra
- Demonstration of real-world image tracking for overlaying of virtual objects. (Research of Georg Klein)
- Augmented Architecture
- “Application of Augmented Reality in Architecture and Urban Space – Architecture thesis project by Quck Zhong Yi,” (in which a virtual Mario Brothers game is projected on an urban street.
- Second Life as a Platform for Augmented Reality
- AR using modified Second Life viewer which places a live SL avatar within the image of the real world
- TOTAL IMMERSION
- Link to video gallery for a company developing AR for theme parks and entertainment, events, retail, and mobile phone operators